Afrikadaa: Launch special issue & panel discussion (FR)
The journal Afrikadaa presents its special issue titled MUSEUM ON/OFF - MUSEE L’ONT L’EUX with a panel discussion moderated by Sorana Munsya and including:
- Dirk Snauwaert (WIELS director)
- Pascale Obolo (filmmaker / Afrikadaa editor-in-chief)
- Alicia Knock (curator at the Centre Pompidou)
- Elena Sorokina (independant curator)
- Yves Goldstein (project manager Citroënmuseum)
Afrikadaa attempts to bring a different perspective to the contemporary art scene by focusing on artist communities beyond the market. The journal advocates the interaction between textual and figurative content by producing live editorial acts. This special issue departs from the exhibition Museum ON/OFF, curated by Alicia Knock of Centre Pompidou with the purpose of re-thinking the museum.
A link can be made with the exhibition The Absent Museum that took place last summer at WIELS, which also questioned the current state of the museum. Afrikadaa proposes to integrate the periphery in terms of discourses, artists and places.
In addition to the panel discussion, there will also be performances by:
- Michelange Quay (filmmaker)
- Jephthé Carmil (artist)
Presentation, panel and performances