About the WIELS Residency Programme
The WIELS Residency Programme is an international laboratory for emerging artists from all over the world. It forms a key part of the overall programme of WIELS and is one of its core activities. WIELS provides a unique working environment for artists, so that they can pursue their work and participate in current debates and research regarding contemporary art practices. During six months, the residents are offered an individual workspace (+/- 45m2) and a framework designed to facilitate a durable exchange of ideas with the artistic and cultural life of Brussels.
The residency offers
2. Weekly collective meetings and individual feedback from artist mentors Willem Oorebeek, Sylvie Eyberg and Simon Thompson.
3. Logistic, technical and curatorial guidance for the creation and development of projects.
4. Visits to exhibitions and sites of interest in Belgium and the neighbouring countries.
5. Studio visits by guest curators, artists and/or art critics.
6. Online presentation of current and former residents and a digital archive of all residency projects.
7. Discretionary presentation and/or production of a project during or following the residency.
With the support of: