WIELS is part of the European project smARTplaces, funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
smARTplaces is a visionary, long-term European audience development project aiming to revolutionise the way culture and art can be perceived and consumed, using digital technology and new ways of cultural mediation. It is a larger scale cooperation project delivered by a partnership of 8 museums and cultural institutions from 6 different countries in Europe (supported by 2 research partners) and co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
The project network comprises 8 cultural institutions and 2 universities from 8 countries:
- Dortmunder U - Centre for Art and Creativity, Dortmund (Germany)
- Musée de Picardie, Amiens (France)
- WIELS Contemporary Art Centre, Brussels (Belgium)
- ETOPIA - Centre for Art and Technology, Zaragoza (Spain)
- Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven (Netherlands)
- ZKM Center for Art and Media, Karlsruhe (Germany)
- Azkuna Zentroa, Bilbao (Spain)
- Research Partner: Birmingham Centre for Media and Cultural Research, Birmingham City University (UK)
- Technology Partner: Oulu University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
- Associated partner: Liechtenstein National Museum, Vaduz (Liechtenstein)
More information: www.smartplaces.eu